The Women’s Legal Centre is an independently funded law centre, based in Cape Town, which conducts public interest and constitutional gender litigation.
The Centre seeks to fill the position of: Senior Attorney (Based in Johannesburg). This post requires an attorney or advocate with excellent litigation skills who seeks to litigate and conduct advocacy in the Sex Work Project. The incumbent will also undertake some management and fundraising tasks.
- Admitted attorney with 3 years litigation experience including experience in high court litigation.
- Experience in gender constitutional or public interest litigation will be an advantage.
- Be committed to addressing inequality and injustice and to protecting and furthering women’s rights.
- Have superb interpersonal skills; be collaborative in nature, and an excellent networker.
- Have excellent writing, research and legal drafting skills.
- Have a strong commitment to high quality client service.
- Have experience in project management and project leadership.
- Be willing to travel throughout South Africa.
- Understands the constraints of working for a non-profit organisation, and can be resourceful within these constraints.
The incumbent will provide legal advice to clients and partners, working under the supervision of the Cape Town office, identify and refer test cases and conduct training, research and advocacy work.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Closing date: 7 February 2014.
To apply please send a cover letter and comprehensive CV to:
Women’s Legal Centre
P O Box 5356
Fax to: 021 424 5206