The Women’s Legal Centre is an independently funded law centre, based in Cape Town, which conducts public interest litigation and advocates for the advancement of women’s human rights.
The WLC seeks to appoint a Director, based in Cape Town.
The successful candidate will be required to manage the WLC to ensure that it achieves its objectives.
- Provide strategic leadership to ensure financial, social and human capital sustainability;
- Implement strategic goals and objectives of the organisation;
- Overall responsibility for and active management of the staff and services of the WLC;
- Ensure effective administration and financial sustainability;
- Fundraising, managing donor relations and administration;
- Active management of the profile of WLC and liaison with key stakeholders within the public, private and voluntary sector;
- Ensure good corporate governance and compliance with legislative regulations as required within the NGO, donor and state funded sectors.
- Qualified attorney, registered with the relevant professional body, with litigation experience (preferably constitutional / public interest litigation) and 10 years’ experience in practice;
- Three to five years senior management experience, including human resources and performance management;
- Experience in fundraising or the ability to raise funds;
- An understanding of South Africa’s human rights and legal; social, political and economic context, preferably a knowledge of legislation related to women’s issues;
- Communication skills with written and verbal fluency in English and Afrikaans or African Language;
- Driver’s licence and access to own vehicle.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, submit a comprehensive CV and motivational letter to Women’s Legal Centre P O Box 5356 Cape Town 8000, Email: Jennifer@wlce.co.za or fax to 021-424 5206
The Women’s Legal Centre conducts all appointment processes in terms of its Employment Equity Policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about The Women’s Legal Centre, refer to www.wlce.co.za.
Advert first appeared on NGOpulse.