The Legal Resources Centre (LRC) is an independent, client-based, nonprofit public interest law clinic, which uses law as an instrument of justice. It works for the development of a fully democratic society based on the principle of substantive equality, by providing free legal services for the vulnerable and marginalised, including the poor, homeless, and landless people and communities of South Africa who suffer discrimination by reason of race, class, gender, disability or by reason of social, economic and historical circumstances.
LRC seeks to appoint a Researcher in Gender Equality and Non-Discrimination at the Constitutional Litigation Unit, based in Cape Town.
This is a six-month contract position.
- Supporting the Gender Equality and Non-Discrimination focus area litigation;
- research and advocacy programmes;
- Researching and drafting memorandums and opinions on the law Advocacy and networking.
- Relevant legal tertiary qualification (LLB);
- Fluency in English;
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure, independently and with others;
- Ability to network with partner organisations and donors;
- Commitment to strengthening public interest legal practice A commitment to development and team work.
- Minimum of two years experience in a legal environment;
- Human rights/social justice background;
- Admission as a practising attorney to the Law Society would be advantageous;
- Valid driver’s licence.
The LRC is committed to transformation; applications from previously disadvantaged candidates are therefore strongly encouraged.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of two referees, copies of qualifications and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by 12 September 2014, consider your application unsuccessful.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application – NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Legal Resources Centre, refer to www.lrc.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.